Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Valentine

Happy somewhat-belated Valentine's Day. Naturally, this post is dedicated to my Valentine, my boyfriend. :)

***



Memories With You;
Playing catch at the beach, you tickling me, piggy back rides, late nights, early mornings, singing together, driving fast, our every-night routine of taking turns getting ready for bed, wrestling, always sneaking off and leaving parties early because we'd both rather just be hanging out at home with one another, secrets, my new found love for cheese pizza rolls, all the time spent doing absolutely nothing and enjoying every single minute of it, sitting out on the back deck --the sun upon our faces, the warmth on our skin-- and talking endlessly about everything that never mattered and nothing that ever would, laughing at how goofy your dad is, The Price Is Right every morning with your mom, sneaking in late at night with your dad asleep on the couch... we were drunk (and not so sneaky, I'm sure) but he never woke up --even after I dropped (and shattered) a beer bottle on your basement floor-- and you couldn't be mad at me even if you wanted to, because I felt so genuinely bad about the mess I had made, mac and cheese, always arguing over listening to my ipod in your car (because you hated the music that was on it) --and always getting my way, regardless :) playing the "housewife" making us food AND cleaning the dishes afterwards, you always waiting at the bottom of the basement stairs to scare me, and me actually getting scared --every single time-- even though I always knew you'd be there, "I love you" "I love you more," walking by the river every time we had nothing better to do, arguing about incredibly stupid things --but only until I would break down and cry and apologize until I felt you truly forgave me for flipping out in the first place. You've always been so understanding. Country music, the big teal truck, summer-time, car rides, fourth of July, CSI, magical apple juice, my very first PB&J (and many more), hacienda, JBC's, movies, future plans, ruby, home videos, your childhood toys, baby pictures, back massages till I fell asleep and being awaken with a kiss on the cheek every single time. "Eggs and cheese eggs and cheese, Ryan likes eggs and cheese," Little Buddy Morgan, hopping around your basement on furniture for days because you told me mice couldn't climb --and then later finding out that you lied-- long comments on myspace when we first met, the Mexican and the Russian, the very first time you said "I love you", the morning I realized i loved you... the same morning I realized you loved me too.

As my absolute best friend in this world, you've never let me down. We have fun together, we laugh together, and we play together. You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for and I love you so very, very much! I know I've said the following before, but it's the best way I've ever been able to sum up exactly what you mean to me. You're so understanding and supportive in everything I do and say. Being with you means never standing alone, because I know that you'll always be standing right there next to me. Even if you can't always be here, I know you'll always be there for me. Six months ago, I would've considered the Navy an inconvenience to our relationship, but the distance and time apart has shown me just how far some one's love can reach and that, in itself, is a miracle. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder, and I am so appreciative of this! We may be separated by duty for now but we're forever united by love, among many other things, and I know that our love is more important than the space between us.


I love you and I'll be seeing you soon.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment