Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dealing With An Addiction

Step 1 of the famous "12 Steps":
- We admit that we are powerless over our addiction, that our lives have become unmanageable.

I am a Fast-Food Junkie, and it has gotten a little out of control.


I am sure that many people would find this statement to be humorous, and I must admit, that is exactly what I was going for. However, I am, unfortunately, being partially serious.

I was first introduced to Fast-Food a very long time ago: As a young child, my parents would swing through the McDonald's Drive-Thru whenever we were on the go and didn't have time eat, or whenever they simply just didn't feel like making dinner that evening. Somewhere between then and now, Fast-Food has undeniably worked it's way to becoming a staple in my everyday life. I've tried to ignore this, and I've also tried to stop visiting them so often but sadly, McDonald's has basically become a weekly meal provider for me. I don't know why I love Fast-Food so much, and I am very unsure of the reasoning that it is so hard for me to stop eating Fast-Food.

I often make impossible promises to myself, knowing fully-well that they will soon be broken. I say that I am going to be healthier. That I will eat healthier; have Fast-Food only as a seldom treat. But then when it comes down to meal time, I am so quick to take that back. I say to myself "I will stop eating Fast-Food tomorrow, next week, etc." "I will be healthier when I actually have more time too cook for myself."

Though I know that I am not actually addicted to Fast-Food and that it is not impossible for me to stop eating it, I still find it unbelievably hard to actually do something about it. I guess I seriously lack self-discipline when it comes to my eating habits, and I am finally deciding to take action. I'm putting my foot down, per say, and I'm kicking this nasty habit to the curb! Goodbye greasy, unhealthy burgers, chicken nuggets, and fries. Goodbye outrageous amounts of calories. Goodbye Fast-Food! I'm jumping back on the Health bandwagon --starting today!

Who's with me!?


Sunday, January 17, UPDATE:
Did I say today --as in Thursday-- before? I guess I meant to say "Starting Monday!" Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment