Sunday, January 3, 2010

Discovering Faith

Upon realizing my extremely ignorant (in the most literal sense of the word) views on God; I have decided I would really like to be closer to him. Though I know close-to-nothing about God, I would very much like to get to know him. I want to know what he's like and what he's all about.

I want something to believe in. Something deep, hopeful, strengthening. Someone to confide in and rely on no matter what; even when all else seems to fail, and someone to praise when it all goes rightfully as planned.

I want to be far more educated in religion than I currently am, and I am finally going to work towards that. I want to learn a better meaning of the things around me. I want to discover the truest forms of happiness, love, strength, and trust among many other emotions. I want to feel something more than I've felt. I'm just so beyond ready to learn anything and everything I can about God and having faith. Faith intrigues me and I want to experience faith in a deeper, more meaningful sense.

I have now made this my most essential resolution for the year 2010.

Feel free to share your thoughts on faith and religion, especially if you aren't against it. I love to hear good, inspirational, and motivational things! :)

2 comments:

  1. Kaitlyn this is really neat. I didn't realize that you did a blog. Interesting. But also, I like this entry. I recently started to go to church again and am so glad. It's not that I never believed in God or never had a type of relationship with him, but it faded. And there is a new church here in Kalamazoo that is really awesome and I went for the first time Saturday and it was really awesome. At first, I felt kind of awkward because I hadn't been to church in so long and I don't know anyone but then I relaxed and loved it. After I left I felt like I had been to a spiritual spa. I was just happier, after an hour and a half. I felt better about myself and it made me feel more in control of my life. I have a great life but have not been as happy about things for a while and so I have decided going back to church will be the best way to help me decide what I am mean't to do. Well, I might have to look into doing a blog, this is neat haha! Sorry this is out of nowhere but when I saw it I wanted to read what you had to say. Have a good evening!
    -Cricket.
    Sorry I left it as anonymous because I couldn't figure out how else to post it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cricket :)

    I ejoyed hearing about your recent experience at church. That's how I've felt everytime I've ever left church, I just don't go very often AT ALL :(

    You should start a blog! I'd "follow" it, haha.

    It's no problem, really, I'm glad you read what I had to say and enjoyed my entry :) Take care<3

    ReplyDelete